- What information ALCDF may collect about you;
- What ALCDF does with the information we gather about you;
- When ALCDF may use your details to contact you;
- Whether ALCDF will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided; and
- ALCDF's commitment to keeping your details secure.
- Whenever you provide personal information to us, we are legally obliged to use this information in accordance with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including ________
Be aware that ALCDF's websites contains links to other websites of interest operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we recommend that you review them as they will govern the use of personal information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites.
What information will ALCDF collect about me?
Information will be requested from you when you subscribe to receive one of our newsletters, post a comment to the ALCDF blog, purchase any of our products, or sign up to attend any ALCDF events. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable ALCDF and its service providers to deliver the services you select. We may collect the following information:
Name, organisation and job title;
- Contact information, including email address;
- Demographic information such as address and post code;
- Preferences and interests;
- Employment history, education, skills and references (if applying for a position or placement at ALCDF);
- Other information relevant to user surveys.
The website also uses traffic logs and cookies to identify which pages you visit or files you download. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
How will ALCDF use the information they collect and when will they contact me?
ALCDF will use your personal information to:
- Periodically send you email announcements about new publications, meetings or other information you may find interesting;
- Pass to a selection panel for consideration (in the case of online job applications);
- Contact you for service administration purposes (for instance, if you have forgotten your password or if you have posted a comment on our blog);
- Refine the outputs and services we offer; Employment history, education, skills and references (if applying for a position or placement at ALCDF);
- Invite you to participate in or contribute to specific research projects being undertaken by ALCDF researchers (participation is always voluntary).
Please note that ALCDF hosts a number of mailing lists (e.g. ALCDF e-newsletters, ALCDF events). If you subscribe to an ALCDF list we may, on occasion, email you information about other ALCDF events or services related to other lists. You will have the option to unsubscribe from these ALCDF lists if you wish, and you may opt to receive mailings from only one list.
Where ALCDF proposes using your personal information for any purpose other than that for which you originally signed up, we will ensure to notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for use other than those listed above.
Will ALCDF share my personal details with anyone else?
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or disclosure is required by law. In some instances, however, ALCDF may use third parties to process your information. On these occasions, we will require that these third parties comply strictly with our policy and will prohibit the use of your personal information for their own business purposes.
How will ALCDF keep my information secure?
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain 100% secure at all times.
How long will ALCDF keep my personal information?
- The personal information you provide will be kept on our database for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. If you delete your account or request to be removed from a particular mailing list, your profile is tagged as inactive' and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Can I access the personal details that ALCDF holds?
- You may request details of personal information held about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of your personal information that we hold please write to the address or email info@ALCDF.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How can I contact ALCDF about this policy?
By email: info@ALCDF.org
- By post: Rr. Pjeter Bogdani 23/1
- By phone:042240751
Please address all queries to the Head of IT.
ALCDF reserves the right to amend this policy by updating this page. For this reason, you may want to check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 january 2010.